Class Attendance, Discipline and Regulations
I.Enrollment and Admission
1. Strictly adhering to the relevant provisions of China and Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region,Hechi University works out the measures on Enrollment of International Students and publicizes the Admission Brochure. The University recruits international students and publicizes the itemized charges according to laws. All the charges shall be calculated and collected in Reminbi(yuan).
2. The University accepts qualified inter-collegiate exchange students and self-financed international students. The University conducts the verification of admission qualification, examination or evaluation for the applicants who apply to study in our university. Admission standards are decided by the University. Those who use Chinese in degree education shall take the Chinese proficiency test.
Article 8 Those who apply to study in our university shall have relevant qualifications and are qualified for admission, have reliable financial guarantor and the guarantor in China. Applicants shall be healthy with no criminal record and willing to abide by China’s laws and regulations and Chinese customs.
3. The University accepts international students who have been admitted by other colleges and universities in China but are wishing a transfer to our university. In this case, the applicant shall get the written transfer agreement from his/her previous college or university in China.
4.International Exchange Office assists international students to handle procedures for their coming to China, and the expense shall be borne by foreign students themselves. Procedures for entry and exit and resident permit shall be processed in accordance with Regulations on Higher Education Institutes Accepting Foreign Students.
1. The admitted students shall hold the Admission Notice From Hechi University or invitation letter, valid passport (shall be valid for more than year), visa, health certificate and other relevant documents required by the University to process admission procedure at International Exchange Office within the specified period. Those who transfer from other schools in China shall get the Transfer Certificate from the international affairs administrative department of their previous schools.
2.After the registration, the University shall recheck their Chinese proficiency and major study. The recheck shall be conducted by relevant schools. Those who are not qualified shall be handled separately depending on individual situations and the worst scenario will be cancellation of the admission eligibility.
3.After the registration, following relevant regulations, international students shall take the physical check-up in designated physical examination institutions (those who plan to stay in China for less than one year and have the form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners, do not need to take the check-up.) and apply for residence permit. All the expense shall be covered by students themselves. Those who fail physical checkup shall be disqualified from admission eligibility.
4.Current students who do not apply for a delay for registration according to relevant regulations and fail to register after 15 days overdue will be automatically regarded as giving up the admission. Those who for some reasons are not able to register within the specified time period shall apply for permission for leave or a delay for registration, otherwise, he or she will be treated as a truant.
5. Those who fail to pay the tuition fees and settle relevant formalities as required by the university shall not get registered and will not be allowed to select courses or participate in the academic activities and examinations for the current school year.
6.Regulations of Hechi University on Student Administration (Trial) (No.99, issued in 2009.) can be referred to for International Students’ changing majors, temporary suspension of studies, permanent suspension of studies, resumption of studies, drop-out, attendance, graduation, completion and incompletion, etc. Regulations of Hechi University on the Management of Academic Records Under the Credit System (Trial) (No.53, issued by Department of Teaching Affairs in 2010) can be referred to for the academic assessment and records of international students. Regulations of Hechi University on the Management of Students’ Make-up Exams, Retaking Courses and Retaking Exams (No.51, issued by Department of Teaching Affairs in 2010) can be referred to for international students’ make-up exams, retaking courses and retaking exams. Regulations of Hechi University on Students’ Exemption From Courses, Lectures and Exams (No.52, issued by Department of Teaching Affairs in 2010). Specific Rules of Hechi University on Management of Students’ Selecting Courses (Trial) (No.50, issued by Department of Teaching Affairs in 2010) can be referred to for International students’ selection of courses.
1.International students should work hard and complete all the tasks.
2.International students should attend classes in accordance with the timetable. Eating and smoking are not allowed during class.
3.International students should ask for a leave in case of either illness or private affairs. Absences from school without asking for leave, being late for and leaving early from classes without reasons is not allowed. In case of absence from class due to illness, a certain certificate from the doctor must be presented to the teacher.
4.International students can enjoy the Chinese public holidays, the summer and the winter holidays.
5.The student who is absent from class without asking for leave or without approval is considered as skipping class and will be punished according to the regulations. Those degree-seeking students who are absent for over 50 class hours (including 50 class hours) will be asked to quit school. The language students who are absent for over 60 class hours (including 60 class hours) will not be allowed to take the exams.
6.It is not allowed to travel during the class time.
7.International students are not allowed to take jobs.
8.Students should submit an application to the Foreign Affairs Office for approval if they need to travel off campus to do research or collect information.
Students should leave school within two weeks when they transfer to another university, or suspend schooling or are expelled or graduate from school. They are required to go the International Student Affairs Office to go through the following formalities:
Get the list for leaving school, pay all the costs concerned and return all the article and books.